About the role
Trust Systems is actively seeking a 3rd Line (Infrastructure/Server/Desktop) Support Engineer to join our team based at a customer site in Corsham, Wiltshire.
This role is designed to enhance our existing skill set, responding to the evolving landscape of technology needs. While we’ve been heavily invested in Networking technologies, emerging opportunities are driving a demand for broader Infrastructure skills, particularly in Windows Server and Virtualization technologies. Essential to this role is hands-on experience with Windows Server Operating Systems and a proven track record in configuring and managing virtual environments, specifically using VMWare technologies. Your expertise will play a pivotal role in supporting our client environments, ensuring the smooth operation of systems, and contributing to the overall satisfaction of our customers.
Given the nature of the role, regular travel within the UK is a fundamental component. While your primary base will be at a client site in Wiltshire, you will also be responsible for addressing support and deployment needs at other operating locations, primarily within Gloucestershire, Hampshire, and London. This dynamic position offers a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of cutting-edge technologies and make a significant impact on the success of our clients and our growing organisation.
As a 3rd Line Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the robustness and optimal performance of our infrastructure. Your daily activities will include:
Proactive Infrastructure Monitoring:
Utilize tools such as PRTG and Auvik to continuously monitor the performance of the server infrastructure, including CPU, memory, and disk usage. Promptly respond to anomalies and alarms, implementing solutions to enhance infrastructure availability and stability.
– Provide expert resolution to escalated infrastructure queries from the service desk team.
– Address hardware-related faults, investigate infrastructure performance issues, and troubleshoot virtualization and server-related challenges.
– Act as a 3rd line technical support contact for end-user computing queries, addressing complex issues and ensuring a prompt and effective resolution.
Project-Based Installation and Deployment:
Collaborate on-site for project-based installations and deployments, contributing to the seamless integration of new equipment and systems into our infrastructure.
Configuration and Management of Server Environments:
– Configure, manage, and maintain diverse server environments, encompassing Windows Server 2019 and above, as well as Linux-based operating systems. Ensure these environments are optimized for performance and security.
– Excel in configuring, managing, and maintaining virtual environments, predominantly leveraging VMWare technologies (on-premises or via vCloud instances). Additionally, manage Nutanix instances to ensure seamless virtualization operations.
Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM):
Conduct Planned Preventative Maintenance activities, including comprehensive System Health Checks and Physical Inspections, ensuring the ongoing health and resilience of our infrastructure.
The Ideal Candidate
You must also have first-class skills in written and spoken English with excellent grammar, along with an organised approach and an ability to prioritise.
Due to the nature of our client, you will need to pass a background check to BPSS Standard – applicants that do not meet this requirement cannot be progressed. If you are unsure on your eligibility for BPSS please contact us at email@example.com
Applicants must be authorised to work in the UK.
Full UK driving licence and own vehicle required.
Key Skills, Experiences & Qualifications
- Windows server administration (ideally from 2019 onward – a Microsoft Certification would be advantageous)
- VMware and/or Nutanix (a VMWare certification would be advantageous) configuration and administration including but not limited to VMs physical and logical networking, datastores (local and SAN/NAS)
- Windows desktop management/administration (Windows 10)
- Windows Build and Security Hardening using Microsoft and/or 3rd party certified guides (i.e. CI Security, CyberEssentials)
- Audit and Documentation experience of:
- Physical Server Builds & Configuration
- NAS/Storage Build & Configuration
- Windows Server VM/OS and Key Application Configurations
- Windows Desktop OS and Key Application Configurations
Linux Administration Experience would be advantageous but not essential
- To demonstrate an understanding of Trust Systems ISO certifications and the obligations within this role
How to Apply
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please email your CV to HR@trustsystems.co.uk and provide a cover letter or any supporting documents.
Along with a competitive salary, we offer:
- Life insurance
- Company pension
- Annual bonus scheme based on personal & company achievement
- Support to develop role and career with regular one to ones
- Company events
- Health/medical insurance
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Breakout area with pool table*
- Free lunch/tea/coffee/fruit every day*
- On-site parking*
*at Cirencester Head Office