About the role
We are a leading provider of IT infrastructure and end-to-end managed services across all verticals with a specialist solution for Retail. Our specialist skills and knowledge are based around core infrastructure, extending to disparate environments requiring remote implementation and support.
This critical role will be working onsite at an independent data centre in Corsham, Wiltshire – commutable from Bath (25mins), Swindon (35mins) Bristol (40mins).
You will provide effective 3rd line firewall and network support, troubleshooting and management of the firewalls and networks that support the data centre operations. You will also be involved in deploying new equipment which may be as part of a rolling upgrade programme or providing project assistance for new buildings and campuses.
- Network and firewall queries escalated from the service desk team such as hardware related faults, bandwidth monitoring, and general network troubleshooting
- In addition, the successful candidate will assist in some onsite project based installation work. New equipment and systems as required.
- Managing cases via the ticketing system (Sysaid)
- Monitoring via the network monitoring platform (PRTG/Auvik)
- Utilising skills and knowledge to assist customers with case resolution, monitoring case escalations
- Meeting set KPI’s
- The role is part of an on-call rota (currently 1 in 4 weeks) on Network Engineers to provide support to our 24x7x365 1st/2nd line service desk
- The role involves occasional evening, bank holidays and weekend work where necessary in order to fulfil the demands and requirements of our client, for example change activities.
- To demonstrate an understanding of Trust Systems ISO certifications and the obligations within this role.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a motivated individual who embraces the challenge of problem-solving. You will have proven Network Support experience gained in a similar role.
You must also have first-class skills in written and spoken English with excellent grammar, along with an organised approach and an ability to prioritise.
As the role requires a full-time on-site presence across multiple sites (although your primary site will be in Corsham), you must have a full UK driving license and access to your own vehicle.
You must be authorised to work in the UK. No agencies, please.
Applicants must be authorised to work in the UK.
Full UK driving licence and own vehicle required.
Key Skills, Experiences & Qualifications
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent experience (required)
- Cisco CCNP/CCSP or equivalent experience (desirable)
- Firewall administration and installation skills (desirable)
- Firewall management/troubleshooting (required)
- Cisco switching management/troubleshooting (required)
- Cisco DNA Centre Management/Troubleshooting/Configuration (desirable)
- Configuration experience with remote access and site to site VPN’s (desirable)
- Zone based firewall knowledge (Juniper, Sonicwall, Palo Alto) (advantageous)
- Experience with a range of switching platforms (Cisco, HP, Dell, 3Com) (advantageous)
- Network design and architecture experience (advantageous)
How to Apply
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please email your CV to HR@trustsystems.co.uk and provide a cover letter or any supporting documents.
Along with a competitive salary, we offer:
- Life insurance
- Company pension
- Annual bonus scheme based on personal & company achievement
- Support to develop role and career with regular one to ones
- Company events
- Health/medical insurance
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Breakout area with pool table*
- Free lunch/tea/coffee/fruit every day*
- On-site parking*
*at Cirencester Head Office