We currently have an opportunity for a Service Desk Technician Apprentice to join our team in Cirencester....
About the role
We currently have a vacancy for a Service Desk Technician Apprentice to be based at our head office in Cirencester, commutable from Swindon, Cheltenham and Gloucester.
The role will be varied as the business continues to grow, however initially it will involve managing supported customer service cases with plenty of potential for long term progression into a specialist field such as networking, storage or server consultancy. As an apprentice, full training will be provided, so no prior IT experience is necessarily required.
Skills and attributes:
- Great communication skills are essential
- Willing to learn
- An interest in IT
Your duties will consist of:
- Provide 1st line technical support and excellent customer service
- Administer remote management and monitoring systems
- Managing tickets in line with SLA’s (Escalation, logging and closure) ensuring all communication is logged into the CRM system against the ticket. Presenting a complete audit trail whilst communicating updates to the customer
- Opportunities for innovation through developing in-house procedures with new tools and processes
- Help produce and maintain technical documentation via the Knowledgebase
- Liaise with engineers, contractors and customers regularly
- New equipment preparation
- Ensure compliance with Service Desk procedures
- Escalating calls to the designated ‘Escalation Points’ when appropriate, providing a full and concise record of the call and reason for escalation.
- Essential: GCSE English & Maths, grade 9-4/A*-C (or equivalent qualifications)
- Desirable: GCSE IT grade 9-4/A*-C (or equivalent qualifications)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Positive & proactive attitude
- Ability to use own initiative
Joining the shift pattern will only take place once the apprentice is up to speed with our systems and how we operate.
Shifts will mainly be core hours (08:30 – 17:00) however please expect to have to cover a late shift (13:30 – 22:00), Early shift (06:00 – 14:30) or a weekend shift, every 8 weeks or so. This frequency may vary.
If you are interested and would like to find out more or would like to apply, please click here.